UPDATED: Warren spas involved in raid agree to close

WARREN, Ohio - It's the end of the line for some massage parlors in the city of Warren.
A court hearing seeking an injunction to keep massage parlors in Warren closed did not go forward on Monday. The hearing was cancelled after private negotiations with the operators resulted in an agreement that effectively puts them out of business.
While more than a dozen spa customers were back in court, they never took the stand to testify in support of the city's allegations of prostitution.
For nearly three hours attorneys on both sides shuffled in and out of negotiations until Law Director Greg Hicks announced an agreement had been reached.
"The matter has been resolved between a combination of surrendering licenses and working with all the parties involved. No longer will those eight spas will be operating in the city of warren," Hicks said.
In addition to surrendering their license, the spa owners now have until September 7th to remove signs and vacate the buildings that were shutdown during raids earlier this month.
"In exchange for that, the city is releasing the building owners from having their buildings locked down for a year and our clients are allowed to remove their belongings from the buildings," said Defense Attorney Harry DePietro.
After a year, an application for a new license could be made, but the law director has doubts that will happen. He says the year-long investigation was successful due in large part to the resources made available to the city by the Ohio Attorney General's office and the Bureau of Criminal Investigations.
"When we made the request to Ohio BCI and they agreed to come and help us it was a great relief and at that point we knew we were heading toward the right accord," Hicks said.
Hicks says two other parlors, which were not raided due to a lack of strong evidence, remain open but will continue to be closely monitored. He says the other closed properties will now be available for other business uses.